This weekend we had our two last Holiday Parties for our Panama City Beach and Niceville Office employees. I would like to thank all of those that came and especially those that were involved in planning and running the events. Each year these events get better and I think everyone has a nice relaxing time. Most of all I believe that seeing people in person strengthens relationships and builds trust. It was evident that our Panama City employees were still not fully recovered from hurricane Michael and Jo and I want to make sure that they know that we will continue to help them in any way we can to fully recover from that tragedy. At the Niceville party I was surprised when I asked for a show of hands of all of those that were new to BRC within the last year and almost half of the audience raised their hands! It’s an indication of the tremendous growth that we are experiencing on the TMAS contracts.
I told all those present that our theme for this year is, “do you know who we are?” In order for me to share my vision for BRC I must communicate that vision to all of our employees as well as those outside of the company. To help facilitate this effort we are starting a massive social media campaign aimed at spreading the word about our company and its values. I emphasized that the WE in this new theme refers to all of us…… employees, executive management and owners. Jo and I are so proud of our employees and the job they do day in and day out to support our Nation’s warfighters. This picture shows most of the servant leaders (Line managers and Executive staff) in attendance at the Niceville event.
In addition to the new BRC Blog, Twitter, Facebook and other social media accounts, BRC will be increasing our presence at major conferences and trade shows and putting on special Technology/Recruiting fairs in several cities. Places and dates for these shows will be announced at a later date. We have been quietly going about our business for almost 27 years and its time we spoke up and provided the answer to the question, “Do you know who we are?” Here is the first part of the answer, “WE…the employees, managers and owners of Bevilacqua Research Corporation are people gathered under a common banner called BRC that strive TOGETHER to be the best at what we do to help create a better Nation and world for everyone.”
BRC CEO and CTO
“Cognitive Psychophysicist with an interest in almost everything”
FOOTNOTE: It was suggested to me by a very astute employee that I add a sentence or two each time I add an article to the blog to highlight one or more of our most pressing current open hiring requisitions. These can be found on the BRC website at www.brc2.com. BRC Employees that refer someone that is hired to fill one of these open positions will receive a minimum referral bonus of $1000 (after tax). Here is today’s featured open position:
Mission Planning Test Engineer (Engineering Technician 4)
Job Code: 18-ISR-041
Location: Eglin AFB, FL
Clearance Required: Secret
Job Description/Essential Functions:
Bevilacqua Research Corporation (BRC) is a Service Disabled Veteran Owned, Small Business based in Huntsville, Alabama incorporated in 1992. BRC provides “best-value” technical and management solutions to a diverse government and commercial customer base in the following key business areas: test & evaluation, systems analysis & integration, security & intelligence, and R&D.
Provides support to the 45th Test Squadron Mission Planning Flight at Eglin AFB.
- Plans, coordinates, and monitors test projects that frequently require significant modification of standard practices or adaptation of instrumentation to obtain valid results. Plans, monitors and evaluates tests, and assesses the feasibility and soundness of proposed evaluation methods. Makes recommendations and commitments on the conventional aspects of the testing assignments.
- Plans tests, establishes criteria, assesses program effectiveness, and investigates/analyzes unusual testing conditions, problems, or questions. Work facilitates development, production, design, or procurement, and affects the efficiency or productivity of a test facility or test activity. Software evaluations may result in new testing techniques or involve assessments which are often the decision basis for large expenditures.
- Demonstrates aviation or mission planning experience with functions provided by the software including operational use of comparable systems. Maintains a working knowledge and understanding of Technical Orders and aircraft performance charts.
- Provides mission planning expertise in addressing questions/issues of critical importance to the customer and frequently serves as the final authority on software quality.
- Maintains a working knowledge of the software or class of software being tested, to include experience with the existing software, previous versions, or any associated software used in conjunction with the software being tested. Ability to conduct mission planning using JMPS and PFPS is highly desirable.
- Demonstrates thorough knowledge of and extended experience and training in the software being tested, including extensive general experience as an aircrew member (pilot, navigator, Weapons Systems Officer) accomplishing manual mission planning procedures and techniques.
- Maintains testing/test methodology experience, including testing of software/hardware, such as unit, integration, system, or acceptance testing, and familiarity with Air Force directives and CMMI (Capability Maturity Model Integration) processes and procedures.
- Maintains experience in the use of automated mission planning software.
- Maintains experience in the operational testing of any research, development, or test and evaluation software associated with aircraft, weapons, range instrumentation, or other computer systems.
- Demonstrates software experience in one or more of the following environments: Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, and UNIX.
- This position requires a Master’s Degree and at least 10 years of applicable experience. Twelve years of applicable experience may be substituted for a Master’s Degree (Total of 22 years) or eight years of applicable technical experience and a technical BS Degree (Total of 18 Years).
- Must have an active Secret clearance with the ability to obtain a Top Secret clearance.
- Must have a demonstrated ability to work effectively on a team and to lead and direct the work of others.
- Must possess a thorough knowledge of and extensive experience/training in the mission planning software being tested; this includes extensive general experience as a military aircrew member accomplishing manual mission planning procedures and techniques.
- Must be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing including communication skills in areas of technical writing, briefings, and formal presentations.
- Must have or be able to obtain DOD 8570.01-M IAT Level 2 certification (Security+CE) or higher within 6 months of hire, and maintain certification throughout employment.
- Must be able to travel to required meetings (such as Engineering Design Reviews, Formal Qualification Tests, and other enterprise/program meetings) CONUS and OCONUS.
- Must be willing to work extended hours including weekends and holidays when required to meet mission requirements.
Other Job Information (if applicable):
- Ability to conduct mission planning using Joint Mission Planning System (JMPS) and Portable Flight Planning Software (PFPS) is highly desirable.
- Familiar with USAF developmental and test processes as they relate to software acquisition and instructional systems development.
- Proficiency in the use and integration of Microsoft Office applications is highly desired.
To apply for this opportunity or see what other open opportunities are available at Bevilacqua Research Corporation, please visit our careers page at https://portal.brc2.com/careers/.
Bevilacqua Research Corporation. is an equal opportunity employer Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans and VEVRAA federal contractor. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.